Tentative Schedule of Events
Rules & Regulations
This Schedule is subject to change.
The order of events listed here may not represent the actual order in which the heats will be presented.
We will make every effort possible to accommodate all dancers so that there are as few schedule conflicts as possible. All Dance Events will be held in the Ritz Ballroom. A Scheduled registration period will be held 1 hour prior to each session. Please attend to any conflicts or problems at this time.
Thursday, October 25th
Session I 7:00 pm
Solo Showdance Championships
Pro/Am & Student/Student Newcomer & Bronze Closed American Rhythm Single Dances
American Rhythm Bronze Closed Multi Dances
Champagne Welcome Reception
Friday, October 26th
Session II 8:00 am
Pro/Am & Student/Student Silver & Gold Closed American Rhythm Single Dances & Silver Closed Multi Dances
Pro/Am & Student/Student Open American Rhythm Single Dances
Pro/Am & Student/Student Closed International Standard Single Dances & Closed Multi Dances
Pro/Am & Student/Student Open International Standard Single Dances
Session III 7:30 pm
All Amateur International Standard & American Rhythm Novice, Rising Star & Championship Events
Pro/Am International Standard & American Rhythm Open Multi –Dance Championships
International Standard & American Rhythm Dancesport Series Championships & Challenge Events
10-Dance International Standard & 9-Dance American Rhythm Divisions
Saturday, October 27th
Session IV 9:00 am
Pro/Am & Student/Student Closed American Ballroom Single Dances & Closed Multi-Dance
Pro/Am & Student/Student Open American Ballroom Single Dances
Pro/Am & Student/Student Closed International Latin Single Dances & Closed Multi-Dance
Pro/Am & Student/Student Open International Latin Single Dances
Session V 7:30 pm
All Amateur International Latin & American Ballroom Novice, Rising Star & Championship Events
Pro/Am International Latin & American Ballroom Multi-Dance Championships
International Latin & American Ballroom Dancesport Series Championships & Challenge Events
10-Dance International Latin & 9-Dance American Ballroom Divisions
All Top Awards
The Grand National Professional
Invitational American Rhythm Championships
Saturday, October 28th
Following the conclusion of the Farewell Breakfast
The Pan American Teacher’s of Dance Congress featuring:
• NDCA Rules & Guidelines will be adhered to throughout this event.
• Age division determined by the age of the older partner upon the day of competition.
• Youth Amateur couples may dance in Adult A categories
• Pre-Teen, Junior and Youth: Costuming as permitted by NDCA rules. Guidelines and restrictions may be found at www.ndca.org
• Admission tickets are required for the session in which you will be dancing.
Release: The aforesigned, being fully cognizant of the risks inherent in ballroom dancing and exhibitions, shall hereby:
1. Assume all risks of bodily injury (including death) and property damage inherent in attending this event.
2. Release and hold harmless The Grand National Championships; Peter and Cassandra Schneider; Dance America, Inc.; and/or the National Dance Council of America, Inc. from all liability to me, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin, against any claim or cause of action which I, or anyone claiming by, through or under me, may at any time have against those hereby released, arising out of bodily injury (including death) or damage, loss or theft of articles left in changing rooms, ballrooms, or hotel rooms, suffered by me while attending this event.
3. Consent to the use of release of his/her name and likeness to be used in photographs, television filming, and recording of the event in connection with the television broadcast, exhibition, distribution or promotion of the event in any manner and by any means, now or in the future by, The Grand National Championships and/or its parent, related, affiliated or subsidiary companies; Peter and Cassandra Schneider; Dance America, Inc.; and/or the National Dance Council of America, Inc. *
• If any person has objection to being video taped or the possibility of
being seen on these tapes or in any publicity trailers or other use of his or her picture, please notify the organizers of this event within 30 days prior to the commencement. Failure to notify will be considered as permission granted.
All persons attending this event, whether as spectators or as competitors or as officials or guests of the organizer, shall be bound by the National Dance Council of America, Inc. rules, and by participating in this event, automatically become obligated to adhere to them.
In the event of a dispute with the NDCA, its rules or decisions, I agree to follow all avenues of appeal available to me within the council. If after all avenues of appeal have been exhausted and the matter is still unresolved, I hereby agree to submit the dispute to arbitration by an outside arbiter provided by the American Arbitration Association, the site of any such arbitration shall be chosen by the NDCA.
Peter & Cassandra Schneider
Miami's Key Biscayne
43rd Grand National Championships
Oct. 31 - Nov. 3, 2013